Friday, April 11, 2008

Quick Thoughts: Idol & Office

My electricity has now been out for going on 30 hours. So I was terrified my Tivo wouldn't get to record my Thursday night shows. I was right. But I had plans to hang out at my friend Emily's and we watched the American Idol results show, as well as the new (finally!) episode of The Office. Here are a couple of quick thoughts:

American Idol - Who else was completely shocked last night? I wasn't totally surprised that Kristy Lee Cook wasn't in the bottom three. While I don't love her, she seems to be picking up some steam. I also wasn't surprised Michael Johns was in the bottom 3 with Syesha and Carly. I was completely surprised, however, that Michael was the one going home. It reminded me of Chris Daughtry last year when it was Just. Too. Soon. Farewell, Michael. i am sure you will find success anyway. And good luck!

The Office - Remember Phyllis' wedding last year when it was SO uncomfortable that it stopped being funny. I felt like that about this episode. The amount of hype this show was given based on how hilarious the table read was only left me wanting more. I love The Office. There were really funny parts, but overall I was just uncomfortable (and feeling REALLY sorry for Michael).

2 comments:

Vance said...

30 HOURS???

Linz McC said...

Don't get me started! Ugh it was so frustrating. It finally came on at about 10:30 this morning. That is just over 31 hours. ARGH!