Thursday, April 03, 2008

Friday Night Lights Saved! And other NBC News


I have now removed the "Save Friday Night Lights" widget on the left of my blog because I don't need it anymore. NBC announced it will return next season for 13 episodes (most likely its final season, but at least they could wrap up the bigger story lines).

Other NBC tidbits:

- Merlin is a new series about Merlin & Arthur, but will star Anthony Stewart Head (Giles of Buffy) as Uther, Arthur's father.

- An Office spin-off has been given the go-ahead. I don't know how I feel about this. But I would give it a try before I say anything one way or the other.

- Kings will be a modern day David & Goliath story, starring Ian McShane (Deadwood).

- The Last Templar will be a miniseries on NBC this fall. I had planned to read this book by Raymond Khoury, so now I will need to get on top of it to read it before the mini-series is on.

- XIII sounds VERY familiar. Thank the Borne movies. But I love Stephen Dorff, so I will also give this one a try.

In other non-NBC news:

- It isn't really news anymore, but Tahmoh Penikett (Helo of Battlestar Galactica) has been cast in Joss Whedon's new project Dollhouse.

- Dexter Season 2 is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com, but a specific release date has not been announced. I am hoping this means that it will not be August before it is out. I would like to be able to watch it over the summer.

- My tivo has been recording episodes of Battlestar Galactica like crazy. I had to delete a bunch because there was no room left on my tivo (at the time I was up to 45 episodes). They are practically replaying the entire series up to now. I can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments: