Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Movie: Reservation Road


I knew this one would be sad. The premise is that Dwight (Mark Ruffalo) kills Ethan's (Joaquin Pheonix) son in a hit-and-run, and the viewer gets to watch the deterioration of both men, as they deal with internal consequences. On top of that, Ethan hires attorney Dwight to help him find the killer. What a mess.

I am a huge fan of both Joaquine Phoenix & Mark Ruffalo. This was some tough subject matter and the both attacked it with abandon. I can't imagine how difficult portraying someone in their emotional states would be. And I have a tough time seeing grown men cry. It really gets me. So, you can guess there was lots of crying.



In supporting roles are Jennifer Connelly (she is an outstanding actress), Mira Sorvino, and Elle Fanning. Those Fanning girls have acting in their blood. Elle was really good, and for such a young girl, really knows how to show emotion appropriate to the scene. She was really good.

So this movie was good, but MAJORLY depressing. I wouldn't really recommend it to someone who has a child. It would be too hard to watch.

No comments: