Thursday, September 11, 2008

Trailer: The Soloist

I rarely commit to seeing every movie a certain director makes. But so far, Joe Wright hasn't failed me. Pride & Prejudice and Atonement both had their faults, but I thoroughly enjoyed both, and give most of the credit to Joe Wright. Of course, a good deal of the credit goes to story (thanks Jane Austen and Ian McEwan) and actors (Kiera Knightley, Mathew McFadyen, James McAvoy).

If those are the requirements of good movie, The Soloist shouldn't have any problems. One, Joe Wright is directing. Two, you couldn't ask for a better, more committed (more popular) actor right now than Robert Downey, Jr. In addition, this looks to be the movie where Jamie Foxx proves Ray wasn't the only performance of a lifetime. Based on the trailer, the story looks touching. I look forward to its release.

See the trailer here:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think "The Soloist" will be another potential great acting display for Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr.
I can see that they also can be in the next Oscar contenders list with this film.