Thursday, March 13, 2008

Harry Potter 8??

No, J.K. Rowling is not writing an 8th Harry Potter book, but according to this LA Times article, the final Harry Potter installment, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, will be made as two movies, released in 2010 and 2011. As a big fan of the books and the movies, I am happy with this decision. There is just too much story in the final book to be left out, and one movie would almost be disappointing. People will argue that Warner Brothers is just trying to drag it out and make more money, which I am sure is an advantage of the split, but I think they are doing the right thing for the story, too. As for me, I can't wait to see how it plays out. I have been very happy with the movies so far, but disappointed at portions left out for time. Film 6, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released in November. It is getting so dark and serious. I can't wait to see it on the big screen.

No comments: