Tuesday, March 25, 2008

American Idol - Top 10

Overall, I thought tonight's performances were pretty good. It was MUCH better than last week, but not quite as good as Beatles week one.

Loved:
David Cook - He has become my new favorite.
Brooke White - The judges gave her a hard time for the addition of the band part way through, and while I agree with them, I still thought it was a great performance. They were too hard on her.

OK:
Jason Castro - I love that song. It was pretty good.
Syesha Mercado - Her performance was great, but i just don't enjoy her singing style.
Michael Johns - I thought this was probably his best performance so far. But I still don't rank him with David Cook and Brooke.
Carly Smithson - I think she put too much pressure on herself this week since she was in the Bottom 3 last week, and the strain of it showed through in her performance.
Chikezie - Great voice, but please stick to the other types of songs you have been singing that don't make you seem ancient.

Um...No:
Ramiele Malubay - I just find her to be blah, unfortunately for her. I do love that song, though.
Kristy Lee Cook - The judges liked her song choice. I felt that her song choice was just about as cheesy as it gets.
David Archuleta - What was that song? There had to be better songs in 1990 to choose from. He was so good for several weeks. What the heck happened?

1 comment:

juls said...

yeah, david cook has suddenly become my new favorite too! how'd that happen? i hope a rocker wins, in honor of daughtry! so i'll probaby vote for him!