Monday, March 17, 2008

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

This is going to be great!. The multi-talented Joss Whedon has announced a new three-part internet series that will be a musical. For those of you who know I am a big Buffy fan, you know I think he is an amazing writing and love that he writes music, too. I have Once More, With Feeling saved on my Tivo from two years ago. Let's add to the fun, though, shall we? Cast in this musical, so far, are Neil Patrick Harris, aka Barney, aka Doogie. I have heard him perform a little musical theatre (he was in Assassins and in Rent) and he is great. Plus, he is so entertaining and funny. Also cast is Nathan Fillion, most recently of Waitress and Drive, but more commonly recognized from Firefly/Serenity and as the creepy priest in Buffy's final season.

Per Mr. Whedon himself, a brief synopsis: "This much I will say: It's the story of a low-rent super-villain, the hero who keeps beating him up, and the cute girl from the laundromat he's too shy to talk to." Can't wait!

No comments: