Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dancing with the Stars - Ladies Night

I had to watch this over lunch, so I felt like it was rushed. But here are my quick thoughts and judges' scores.

Shannon Elizabeth & Derek Hough - I really like Derek and his moves are ALWAYS on. So Shannon's moves were so obviously not as sharp. But I thought she did a pretty good job. Her long legs look like they might make it harder for her to dance, and are a bit distracting, but she looked great. Judges' score: 21/30

Monica Seles & Johnathan Roberts - He always seems like such a gentleman to me. I often find the Foxtrot boring so I can' totally say what I think. I didn't think it was awful or amazing. It looked pretty smooth but a tad awkward. Judges' score: 15/30 (I think they were too tough on her on this one).

Marissa Jarret Winokur & Tony Dovolani - I have her on my ipod! She has a fun attitude. Now to her dance: Oh, Tony's outfit. No. Will the judges like how much hip hop kind of dancing they are doing? It was fun? Was it technically good? I can't tell. At this point, I just need to not be bored an I wasn't. Judges' score: 18/30

Priscilla Presley & Louis Van Amstel - Priscilla seems like a mystery to me. And she is so quiet. She seems very intimidating to me. So I think she is to Louis, too. Side note: I keep thinking of that movie Elvis & Me. Now the dance: I gotta say. I think she is very pretty to watch. Again, I couldn't say how she is doing technically. WOW! I am impressed. Judges' score: 24/30

Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Will her figure skating background make this easier for her? She has good presence on the floor. I think she looks very elegant and smooth. They look great! Mark's faces are cracking me up. Judges' score: 27/30

Marlee Matlin & Fabian Sanchez - OK we have a new pro dancer. Let's see what he has to offer. OK, and you know we were all wondering how Marlee would do considering she is deaf. I think teaching her would be hard because she can't look at you when you are teaching her to see what you are saying all the time. I thought it was pretty good. Slightly awkward because you could tell there was that added dimension of not being able to hear the music, but enjoyable to watch. Judges' score: 22/30

A note: I don't plan on blogging in detail about every episode. I just wanted to make a detailed post for these beginning episodes. I will probably just continue to put my opinions in a shorter format.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Julie and I talked about this show last night. It seems to be a somewhat wholesome show. The kind that you might be able to watch with an old person and not feel too embarrased. But is it really wholesome? If a person's marriage is on the rocks and they go on the show, is DWTS the nail in the coffin? I always worried about Billy Ray Cyrus when he was on the show and not because as it went on he looked more and more like a woman.

Linz McC said...

I probably don't choose to watch or not watch this for its wholesome quotient, but you may be on to something. Don't go on this show if you are having a hard time in your marriage. It is too much time and physical contact with someone else. I wasn't worried about Billy Ray because I don't think his marriage is in trouble. I WAS worried about the woman thing :)