Wednesday, March 19, 2008

American Idol - Top 11 Elimination


I must say I was pretty shocked at the bottom 3 tonight, especially based on last night's performances. Kristy Lee Cook was obviously going to be in the bottom 3, again. But I don't know anyone who wasn't expecting Ramiele to be there too. She is cute and has on OK voice but is just not on the same level of performance as the others. I can see why Amanda might not be as big of a favorite, since her style is so different. Her being in the bottom 3 made sense. Carly did not. Her song was OK last night, but nowhere close as Simon said. And she has been so consistently good. How is she in the bottom 3?

So Kristy is going home right? NO!! Carly was safe, thank goodness, but once again, Kristy is delivered at the last moment and lives to see another way. Goodbye Amanda Overmyer. You were ousted too early, and should still be in the competition for a few more weeks.

And then there were TEN...

2 comments:

Matt said...

I am no American Idol expert. Mostly because I don't watch but I do overhear various performances when Julie is watching it. Every time I heard Amanda sing I thought that she sounded like Janis Joplin. This is not a bad thing. But I couldn't see her making an entire CD of songs based on her style. So maybe like your post suggested, she just should have stayed on the show longer than she did. She just really was not that versatile.

Linz McC said...

Matt, I agree that she was not very versatile. Sean pointed out she didn't even really participate much in the harmonized group song last night. We decided it was because she wasn't able to sing stuff like that. Which is ok. I just liked her better than a couple of other people, and then would have been fine to see her go. Thanks for your two cents.