Monday, March 17, 2008

BRO-pocalypse Now

I love Neil Patrick Harris. And I love Barney. I don't think Barney could have his own show without the fun supporting cast of How I Met Your Mother (at least Lily & Marshall), but I really feel like he carries the show. He is funny every time. He's got at least one funny, memorable, ridiculous line every episode.

This episode reminded me of one of my favorite movies, The Money Pit. Marshall & Lily buy a lemon of an apartment. I love that movie, especially this clip.


My sisters and I have wondered repeatedly why so many people run back and forth in front of Tom Hanks when he is riding down the hill in the trash can or whatever that is.

I don't like Ted turning into Barney, Jr. and I am glad Marshall (and ultimately Ted) agrees.

4 comments:

juls said...

i watched barney last night too and he made me laugh! and i NEVER tire of that money clip scene.

Linz McC said...

I didn't know you ever watched HIMYM!! Are we talking about the same Barney? I know you said Fin had discovered Barney. Did you mean NPH? AWESOME :)

Matt said...

Barney is a riot. That show does work well though because of the entire cast. Don't forget though that NPH did "carry" his own show when he was just a mere boy.

Linz McC said...

Don't get me wrong. I think NPH could carry a show, just not the character of Barney. He is an excellent side character. But HIMYM has done an excellent job of bringing lots of different character "stereotypes" together and making them seem like they could really be friends.