Friday, July 23, 2010

Nick Jonas is Marius in "Les Miserables"

I still can't get over Nick Jonas as Marius in the West End production of Les Miserables, singing my favorite song from the entire show, "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables."  Not trying to sound shocked, but if you have ever heard Nick sing with the Jonas Brothers or his band the Administration, you know he usually sounds like his voice is in the process of changing (don't think of this as hating, because I like his pop voice just fine). But when I heard he'd be playing Marius (and knowing that I have such a major love for Michael Ball on the original Longdon cast recording from the 80s), I just had my doubts.  Anyway, here is a recording of Nick performing the song.



And while I am at it, here is "A Little Fall of Rain."



And "In My Life/A Heart Full of Love."

No comments: