Wednesday, June 04, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance is back... and so am I!


I have been a little slow on the blogging lately as I have moved across the country and been completely overwhelmed by all that it entails. But I am headed back into it full force, now that I am getting settled back down.

And to kick things off, I will discuss my summer obsession (for going on 4 summers): So You Think You Can Dance. Yes, every blogger I know has already discussed it in detail. But I just have to say my own piece.

Even my husband was excited that it is Vegas week and that we are seeing our top 20 tonight! Vegas week started with a hip hop routine by Napoleon & Tabitha (cutting it down to 129), followed by a Broadway routine choreographed by Tyce Diorio (narrowing it down to 94 contestants). The choreography looks tough so I am glad to see the contestants are being put through the ringer in order to get on the show. Next up was Jean Marc Genereaux with a ballroom routine (glad Joshua from Dallas is still in the running, and makes it through ballroom (and he is a crier)!).

New shocker this season: Remaining contestants will be divided into groups and must choreograph a dance to a given piece of music. This is a great new twist! Of course, it adds to the drama and stress. But it helps us to see how these people will hold up over 9 weeks of actual competition. All-in-all, the group choreography performances seem to be less than stellar, save a couple.

And next, what looks like a really hard Mia Michaels contemporary routine... I love Mia's choreography. It is like she makes the human body do things it isn't intended to do. But it is really beautiful to watch.

Up next was solos for all the remaining contestants.

And now for the TOP TWENTY. It's time for the competition, people!

Shoot! Darn my lack of DVR. Please see Emily's list of the top 20 for details on who's who. And now Ducky's got individual photos and bios up here.

Guys:

Gev
Joshua (home town boy!)
Matt
William
Twitch
Jamie
Chris
Mark
Marquis
Thayne

Girls:

Kourtni
Rayven
Courtney
Katee
Kherrington
Chelsea
Jessica
Susie
Chelsea
Comfort (home town girl!)

No comments: