Saturday, June 07, 2008

BSG - The Hub

Well, only one more episode of Battlestar Galactica before the "mid-season finale."I will be sad without it for another 8 or so months, but let's not focus on that. Let's think about this week's episode.

I am not too sure what to say about this episode. I was SO tired watching it last night that I was worried I was missing stuff, but I managed to stay awake. I zonked out right after, and did not enjoy my usual mental discussion with myself afterward. Here are just a few quick thoughts that I had about last night's episode:

1) Come on, did anyone think that all those humans on the Cylon baseship were dead? Of course not! I was so glad when they jumped to where Husker was in the Raptor. It was a sweet moment between Roslin and Adama.

2) Roslin is really going to let Baltar die! I genuinely thought it would be a nice twist if Baltar died, especially at the hands of Roslin. It would also show us who she has become over the course of her time as President. But I also would have been devastated. Baltar, while completely repugnant, is also one of my favorite characters, and I would be disappointed for him to die such a useless death.

3) Baltar telling the Centurion about God was hysterical. They way he was doing it as though it was not a completely one-sided conversation was just really amusing to me. But who knows what kind of door he just opened? I guess this really is a look at the argument of free will.

4) I was waiting for Helo to defy Roslin's orders and give the Unboxed Three to the Cylons. He isn't about screwing over his allies, and he probably has a really hard time deciphering the other Sharons from his Athena. And, by the way, who wanted to smack those annoying pilots complaining about the Cylons? I get why, but they were very obnoxious.

5) So that was the only Resurrection Hub? I thought there were multiple hubs, but I might be wrong. Either way, it is really significant. I liked when that Deanna announced that she was the only Three left in the entire universe. Makes you feel pretty special, huh? And of course she wouldn't just tell Roslin what she wanted to hear. Not the best plan...

But more importantly, the trailer for next week's episode looks AMAZING!! Sol telling Adama "I am a Cylon." The almost air-locking of three of my faveorite characters (say it ain't so! Where is the mercy here?).

Can't. Wait.

No comments: