Tuesday, July 08, 2008
TV: Lost, Season One, Round Two: My thoughts
I just had a few thoughts as I am watching the entire series of Lost from the beginning through the end of Season 4. Here are my thoughts on season one.
1) I like Sawyer a lot more this time around. In fact, I think I might be ready to jump 'ship (Jack & Kate) for Sawyer. When he finally tells Jack about meeting Christian in that bar and what he said about Jack, I just love him. Because he didn't have to tell him that. It gained him nothing. It was solely for Jack.
2) Locke's flashbacks are always so sad, but that one where Anthony practically steals his kidney is devastating, and I find myself happy for Locke that Sawyer kills him later.
3) Boone dying was sad but not AS sad this time around. It affected me much more at the original air time because it was the first death of any of our beloved 815 survivors.
4) Kate's flashbacks really do nothing for me. I don't find them all that enjoyable to watch. Charlie's, on the other hand, are still good to see.
5) I love thinking about what I know now in my head. Such as, I have said many times during the re-watch that "oh he is dead!" about Charlie. Or "hey they are brother and sister and don't even know it!" Or "why didn't Desmond hear all the banging that Locke was doing on the hatch," knowing he is down there. Or "too bad Jack completely loses it."
6) What is the significance of the black smoke that forewarns that the others are coming? We never do find out what it means, do we? I know it is not the "smoke monster" and the only thing I could come with is that it signals that the Others are camping close by in order to get to the Survivors camp. Maybe I am forgetting something.
7) Why did the smoke monster, the first time we see it, make a mechanical noise like a roller coaster climbing before the big drop?
I really like this UK Season 1 promotion. How come we don't get fun promos like this in the US?