Thursday, July 31, 2008

SYTYCD - Top 6 Results Show

The show started with our group performance, choreographed by Mandy Moore. Chelsie got her first chance in the spotlight of a group dance. They had "wind" blowing on the performance, and it really did its job of making it feel really airy. The song for this performance was The Rose by Bette Midler, and while it is pretty, it is cheesy too. I will forgive the cheese because it worked for this dance. I can't give my official opinion on it because I was distracted by something unrelated and didn't get a chance to decide what I thought. It seemed pleasant.

The judges then all got a chance to comment on the final 6 contestants. Each judge gives a heartfelt appreciation of the talent and futures of our remaining dancers.

The dancers each get one more chance to strut their solo stuff. I was going to comment individually on them, but you can just see my comments from last night's post.

Katee & Joshua were sent to safety.

Lady GaGa performs... OK, on to something else.

And it is time. Leaving us tonight is:

Chelsie

I love Chelsie and am sad to see her go, but Courtney has stepped it up lately, so good for her, too.

and

Mark

It seems right that Chelsie & Mark would be eliminated together since I loved their pairing from the very beginning.

I was completely wrong on my prediction for who was going home, but I knew it was a tough call this week. Should make for a fun finale next week. I call Joshua as the winner and Katee as the runner up!

No comments: