Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas


I love Christmas. It is my favorite holiday! As we celebrate the birth of Jesus (yes, that is where Christmas originated: shocking!! :), I love spending time with family, eating a bunch of yummy treats, opening gifts, listening to holiday music, and seeing Christmas decor (which is seriously lacking in Los Angeles, especially Christmas lights).

The big news this Christmas is that my sister had her baby yesterday! I now have 11 (see above) nieces and nephews (and only one of those is from Sean's side of the family). I have never been in town when one of my sisters delivered, so I am very excited to say that I was in the room when Bennett Robert Gudalis was born. On Tuesday night is when part of my family was opening gifts, so we left food and gifts unwrapped to rush her to the hospital. Congrats to Brian and Jenna! He is adorable. Click here for some pics. (Forgive my greasy hair in this pic as I had just gotten rained on.)


Now for some of my favorite Christmas songs:

Mary Did You Know
by Michael English (this is my favorite version but PLEASE forgive the beginning of this video--I don't get it...)


Last Christmas by Wham


Light a Candle
by Avalon


All I Want for Christmas by Maria Carey


Unfortunately, the joy of Christmas does not always extend into holiday travel. The airport was packed, the weather was freezing (once I got to Louisville, it was 8 degrees...), and one of my bags didn't make it. So I wore the same jeans and socks for three days. I had two shirts with me so I've been trading off. How is it that all my underwear was in the missing bag and all Sean's was in the bag that made it without a problem? Good news: The bag with the gifts got here in time. All else can be remedied (but I should prepare for the fact that frightening photos were taken while my makeup bag was also in the missing luggage. I didn't see that bag for 3 full days after I landed.

In other news, what could make such air travel worth it? Celeb spotting at the airport, of course. I saw Ryan Gosling and knew it was him immediately. I never ask for photos but I was just standing there and a couple girls walked up to him. He was so nice. So when he walked right next to me, I had to ask for a photo. He was so gracious and sweet. He even asked me my name and said "nice to meet you." My husband took the picture so I think that knocks me down one point on the loser scale (as in, less loser-y).


So... MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS! May you remember the reason for the season.

6 comments:

Esther said...

Hey Linz,
Merry Christmas and congratulations on your new nephew. He is cute! How great that you got to be there and hold him right away. And you met a celebrity! A wonderful start to the holiday. All the best to you and your family.

Linz McC said...

Thanks Esther! Happy Hanukkah, too! :)

Vance said...

Merry Christmas!

New baby! Woo!!!

Jen said...

So jealous that you got to meet Ryan. I'm glad to hear that he was a nice guy. Merry Christmas!

Hollie Nell said...

Ryan Gosling? I LOVE him. So cool that you got a pic. Hope you had a great holiday. Your nephew is adorable. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Raymond Fujimoto said...

Eleanor Hamilton - A compliment is a gift, not to be thrown away carelessly, unless you want to hurt the giver.